About the Survey
The Autism & Employment Experiences Survey is an autistic-led research project. There are two goals for this survey:
- Gather more comprehensive data about the kinds of experiences autistic people are having in looking for and maintaining employment
- Evaluate the efforts autism employment programs are making to improve those experiences
Here are the research questions that the survey will answer:
- What are the barriers/challenges that autistic people face in finding and keeping jobs? Do some challenges correlate with particular demographics among autistic people?
- What factors or adjustments help autistic people find and keep jobs, and feel satisfied with their employment situation? Do some factors correlate with particular demographics among autistic people?
- What types of skills/information are taught in autism employment programs? Is some material more strongly correlated with positive outcomes and/or opinions of programs
- What opinions do autistic people have about current autism employment programs? Do they differ from the opinions neurotypical and/or non-autistic people have about autism employment programs?
- What changes (if any) do autistic people want to see made to autism employment programs?